GE Oil & Gas uses advanced design tools and its extensive Oil & Gas engineering experience to develop uprates for compressors to achieve the following advantages:
- Increased compressor efficiency through the redesign of a new bundle (rotor and stator) optimized for the process conditions
- Reduced operating costs through increased plant efficiency
- Uprating with limited impact on plant layout
- Re-use of existing capital equipment — uprating a centrifugal compressor with new internals increases its performance, which typically increases efficiency, flow rate and/or the polytropic head.
The new internals can be designed to increase the flow rate by up to 30+% of the nominal point, depending on the compressor size.
GE generally supplies the following new internal components for each centrifugal compressor:
- Inlet volute
- Inner casing
- Discharge diaphragm
- Intermediate diaphragms
- Rotor assembly including new impellers and balance piston
- Tilting pad type journal bearings
- Dry gas seals
GE's Oil & gas specialists simulate the operating characteristics of the proposed centrifugal compressor using innovative modeling techniques based on our database of more than 3,000 installed units and our forty years of experience as an original turbo compressor manufacturer.
Download More Information
For More Information