The Geolink Negative Pulse Transmitter generates a sequence of small pressure losses in the circulating system with the purpose of transmitting MWD data recorded downhole to surface.
The Transmitter contains a small normally closed valve which is actuated by a solenoid that opens a flow path between the drill string interior and the annulus. A valve open time of 0.5 seconds typically generates a pressure drop of 30 to 50 psi at surface. An integral pressure switch allows control of the tool functions from surface.
- Rugged Beryllium-Copper construction provides high reliability in the most demanding drilling environments.
- Consistent signal and downhole programmable transmission modes.
- Single Transmitter fits subs from 4 3/4in to 9 1/2in O.D.
- Minimum wear parts - easy and cost effective to maintain.
- Geolink Navigator surface software provides user friendly interface.