The Sondex Dual X-Y caliper is run centralized in the Production Logging tool string. The caliper incorporates proven roller centralizer technology and has a pair of caliper arm mechanisms set at 90° to each other to measure casing inside diameter in the X and Y axes.
The caliper assembly is fully collapsible down to tool diameter for running into and pulling out of hole.
The caliper is spring loaded and follows tubing ID while running in hole. It opens fully on leaving the tubing to enter the casing. Each arm operates as an independent unit exerting a constant radial force in any casing diameter. LVDT sensors protected within the main shaft accurately measure by induction the position of the coupled collars external to the shaft. The position of the collar blocks are related to the tubing ID.
- Determination of X-Y diameters at 90°.
- Measuring of casing deformation and major corrosion.
- Detection of scale build up in casing and tubing.
- Correction of spinner derived fluid velocity for varying casing or open hole completion diameter.
- Identifying ID to correlate with changes in holdup patterns.
- Simultaneous Operation with other PL Tools.
- 1 3/16in UN 12tpi Sondex GO or other Heads.
- Springbow version for open hole completions.
- Combinable with other Ultrawire™ (UW) tools.
- Extended arms to increase range to suit customer request.